Plot & Details
The first directorial effort of British screenwriter Paul Greengrass, Resurrected is based on a true story that came to light during the Falklands War. David Thewlis plays an Army private who, after being listed as missing and presumed dead, wanders back into camp, a victim of amnesia. The army, embarrassed at the situation and not fully believing the boy's story, downplays Thewlis' return. His British home town had planned to give him a hero's welcome, but a newspaper story has intimated that the boy was a deserter. The general consensus is that it would have been better if Thewlis had really died, thus saving his neighbors from embarrassment. With no one, not even his parents, willing to believe the amnesia story, Thewlis is persona non grata, and to add to his troubles he is severely beaten by several of his former army buddies. An ironic coda caps this unpleasant glimpse at the darker side of human nature.
- Genre(s): Drama,War
- Run Time: 96min.
- Director(s): Paul Greengrass
- Starring: David Thewlis , Tom Bell , Rita Tushingham , Michael Pollitt , Rudi Davies
- Themes: Home From the War,Military Life,Amnesia
- Tone: Bleak,Cynical,Gritty,Harsh,Tense
- Keywords: home, life, personal, profession, return, death, family, family-member, homecoming, war
- Language: English