Plot & Details
An uptight lawyer, Lenny Rubins, (Timothy Spall - 'The King's Speech'), has to put his dream retirement on hold while his ailing mother (Honor Blackman - 'Goldfinger') emotionally blackmails him into reuniting his estranged children for a holiday gathering. They may be peas from the same pod, but in Lenny's eyes, his grown-up children are certainly not even from the same planet: a ruthless control-freak and hard-nosed capitalist (James Callis - 'Battlestar Galactica'), an outspoken, argumentative eco-warrior committed to the cause (Rhona Mitra - 'Underworld: Rise of the Lycans'), an outer-worldly Buddhist Monk; and to cap it all, a bible bashing born-again Rabbi! While they might quarrel, fight, and perhaps even be starting a war in Africa, they are still family. It is going to take a whole lot of soul-searching and sacrifice for everyone to come together in this heart-warming and comic family reunion that will have you thinking fondly of your own.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/16/2012
- DVD Release Date: 04/24/2012
- Distributor(s): Monterey Media
- Director(s): Yoav Factor
- Starring: Timothy Spall , James Callis , Rhona Mitra , Honor Blackman , Hugh O'Conor
- Themes: Family Gatherings,Dysfunctional Families,Estrangement
- Tone: Witty,Wry
- Keywords: Rabbi,estrangement,family,family-reunion,lawyer,monk,mother
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-16-2012)
- Language: English