Plot & Details
Kevin Costner plays an ex-pilot who visits the posh Mexican estate of an old associate (Anthony Quinn) "Tibey" Mendes, for a bit of R & R. Tibey has turned into a very powerful Godfather type who rules his world and those who touch it. Costner can't help but notice his old friend's incredibly beautiful young wife (Madeleine Stowe) and before long they're involved in some sizzling hoochie-coo at the risk of being discovered by Mendes. Mendes eventually catches on and exacts a painful and cruel punishment on the reclusive lovers caught in their lustful liaison. Costner vows a pay-back and the last part of the movie involves his attempt to achieve it.
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 124min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/16/1990
- DVD Release Date: 12/01/1998
- Director(s): Tony Scott
- Starring: Kevin Costner , Anthony Quinn , Madeleine Stowe , Sally Kirkland , Tomas Milian
- Themes: Dangerous Attraction,Infidelity,Out For Revenge
- Tone: Atmospheric,Moody,Sexy,Slick,Passionate,Visceral
- Keywords: Mexico, barnstorming, conflict, desert, estate, extramarital-affair, gangster, love, retirement, vacation, wealth, wife, assault, betrayal, friendship, love-triangle, revenge
- Country of Origin: USA (02-16-1990)
- Language: English