Plot & Details
He is one of the most influential and innovative photographers in the fashion industry and one of the first to elevate his craft into a true art, dominated more by the artist's vision than the subject itself. This documentary tells his story. With an eclectic blend of biographical information, his work, and his commentary upon it, the film tells his story in a non-linear way. Highlights include his description of how he got a teen-age Natassja Kinski to pose naked with a large python crawling across her body and his memory of the night Marilyn Monroe came to his place and danced for hours while he photographed.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Art and Experimental,Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/21/2001
- DVD Release Date: 04/02/2002
- Distributor(s): Wellspring Media
- Director(s): Helen Whitney
- Themes: Life in the Arts,Fashion World
- Tone: Reflective,Stylish,Warm
- Keywords: artist, career-retrospective, fashion-industry, influence, innovation, master [expert], photographer, photography
- Language: English