Plot & Details
The amoral world of a handful of Wall Street businessmen is delineated in this black comedy written by Lemony Snicket creator Daniel Handler. Rick takes as its central character a mid-level manager (Bill Pullman) working in a nameless corporation for a boss, Duke (Aaron Stanford), who's nearly half his age. Duke and Rick are constantly one-upping each other around the office; compounding their contentious relationship is the fact that Duke is pursuing Rick's daughter, Eve (Agnes Bruckner), a teenager who frequents Internet sex-chat rooms. Rick thinks he has found the solution to his work problems in Buck (Dylan Baker), an old college buddy who's become a paid hitman; for a fee, he'll take care of anyone who comes between Rick and his climb up the corporate ladder. But when a jilted job interviewee (Sandra Oh) puts a hex on Rick, it seems his good fortune may come to an end.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/24/2004
- DVD Release Date: 11/09/2004
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Curtiss Clayton
- Starring: Bill Pullman , Aaron Stanford , Agnes Bruckner , Sandra Oh , Dylan Baker
- Themes: Fathers and Daughters,Boss from Hell,Mind Games,Office Politics
- Tone: Biting,Cerebral,Chilly,Paranoid,Satirical,Bleak,Deadpan
- Keywords: Internet,Wall-Street,boss [employer],corporate-ladder,daughter,hitman,widow/widower
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-24-2004)
- Language: English