Plot & Details
After the success of shock-jock Howard Stern's Private Parts, shock-TV host Jerry Springer made his own foray into celluloid. Fictionalizing only the name of his television show (what is normally called the The Jerry Springer Show, is now called "The Jerry Show"), Springer plays himself as a man who fronts a chair-throwing, dog-and-pony trash TV strip which gets high ratings in the backwoods, armpit communities of America. The story revolves around two sets of guests coming to Los Angeles to be on the show. First, the Zorzak family has slutty 19-year-old Angel (Jaime Pressly), sleeping with her stepdad (Michael Dudikoff). When her mom (Molly Hagan) finds out, she seeks revenge by sleeping with Angel's fiancé, Willie (Ashley Holbrook). The second group consists of Starletta (Wendy Raquel Robinson), who caught her man, Demond (Michael Jai White), sleeping with her best friend, Vonda (Tangie Ambrose). This makes all of them perfect for stardom on The Jerry Show. As all these guests arrive for their big day on national television, more chaos ensues with Springer getting propositioned by Angel and her mother. Even crew members show their stripes by getting involved in the sexual escapades with the guests. The whole scenario is finally brought to a knockdown, gender-bending finale live on national television -- right where it belongs.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/25/1998
- DVD Release Date: 03/30/1999
- Distributor(s): Artisan Entertainment
- Director(s): Neil Abramson
- Starring: Jerry Springer , Jaime Pressly , Molly Hagan , Michael Dudikoff , Ashley Holbrook
- Themes: Suburban Dysfunction
- Tone: Biting,Cynical,Humorous,Ironic
- Keywords: dysfunctional,family,stepfather,television-show
- Country of Origin: USA (11-25-1998)
- Language: English