For this follow-up to their mega-hit Ice Age, directors Carlos Saldanha and Chris Wedge team with the screenwriting duo behind Parenthood and City Slickers, Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel. Robots stars Ewan McGregor as the voice of Rodney Copperbottom, an idealistic robot who wants to convince his electronic brethren to come together and work toward making the world a better place. As the story unfolds, Rodney faces opposition from an evil corporation headed by Big Weld (Mel Brooks) and finds some unlikely allies in the form of a ragtag group of misfit robots called the Rusties and voiced by the likes of Drew Carey and Amanda Bynes. Stanley Tucci and Dianne Wiest provide the voices of Rodney's parents, and Halle Berry portrays his love interest, Cappy.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Animation,Science Fiction
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/11/2005
- DVD Release Date: 09/27/2005
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Fox
Chris Wedge, Carlos Saldanha
- Themes: Class Differences,Underdogs,Fighting the System,Robots and Androids
- Tone: Light,Frantic,Rousing,Stylized,Upbeat
business, corporate-ladder, evil, ideals, misfit, outcast, robot
- Country of Origin: USA (03-11-2005),USA - IMAX (03-11-2005)
- Language: English