Plot & Details
MGM romantic Robert Taylor turns nasty in this low-budget crime melodrama. Taylor plays a cop who subsidizes his income with bribes and payoffs from various criminals and politicians. Taylor's brother (Steve Forrest), a rookie on the police force, is as honest as his brother is crooked. The younger brother witnesses a gangland murder; the killer goes to Taylor, demanding that he buy his brother off. When he realizes that his brother can't be corrupted, Taylor tells the Mob to lay off. An out-of-town torpedo is brought in to rub out both brothers, but he succeeds only in killing the honest sibling. His conscience aroused, Taylor goes after the mob leaders himself; though seriously wounded, he clears his family name. Rogue Cop set something of a schedule record at MGM, with only four months elapsing from the time the story was optioned to the time the film was released.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/20/2001
- Director(s): Roy Rowland
- Starring: Robert Taylor , Janet Leigh , George Raft , Steve Forrest , Anne Francis
- Themes: Redemption,Police Corruption,Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Forceful,Gritty,Tense
- Keywords: brother, ethics, hitman, police-officer, redemption, rookie