Plot & Details
In this Japanese animated science fiction adventure, an elderly man is chosen to be the recipient of a special robot, the Z-001, which will act as his caregiver. The Z-001 displays greater efficiency and skill than any human nurse. But while the robot does fine at first, there's one catch -- the Z-001 began as a military project, so when the old man's violent impulses rise to the surface, the machine begins to mirror them, and soon the machine is a danger to all around it ... including the man the machine is supposed to serve.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Science Fiction
- Run Time: 80min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/30/1996
- DVD Release Date: 08/26/1998
- Themes: Experiments Gone Awry,Technology Run Amok,Robots and Androids
- Tone: Menacing,Rousing,Stylized,Tense,Visceral
- Keywords: android, caregiver, experiment, machine, mind-reader, prototype, robot