Plot & Details
'Rubber' is the story of Robert, an inanimate tire that has been abandoned in the desert, and suddenly and inexplicably comes to life. As Robert roams the bleak landscape, he discovers that he possesses terrifying telepathic powers that give him the ability to destroy anything he wishes without having to move. At first content to prey on small desert creatures and various discarded objects, his attention soon turns to humans, especially a beautiful and mysterious woman who crosses his path. Leaving a swath of destruction across the desert landscape, Robert becomes a chaotic force to be reckoned with, and truly a movie villain for the ages. Directed by legendary electro musician Quentin Dupieux (Steak, Nonfilm), aka Mr. Oizo, Rubber is a smart, funny and wholly original tribute to the cinematic concept of "no reason."
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 85min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/01/2011
- DVD Release Date: 06/07/2011
- Distributor(s): Magnolia Pictures
- Director(s): Quentin Dupieux
- Starring: Stephen Spinella , Jack Plotnick , Wings Hauser , Roxane Mesquida , Ethan Cohn
- Themes: Demonic Possession
- Tone: Macabre,Gruesome,Atmospheric,Stylized,Outrageous
- Keywords: junkyard, supernatural-powers, telekinesis, tires
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-01-2011)
- Language: English