Plot & Details
After years as a major star in most of the rest of the world, Jackie Chan finally broke through to stardom in the United States with Rumble in the Bronx, a dubbed and re-edited version of Hung Fan Kui. Here Chan plays Keung, a police officer from Hong Kong who travels to New York to attend the wedding of his uncle, Bill (Bill Tung). Bill has just sold his grocery store to Elaine (Anita Mui), and Keung finds Elaine to be a pretty good reason to extend his visit to New York. However, a mean-spirited and fashion-challenged street gang has moved into the neighborhood and is demanding protection money from the local storekeepers. Elaine is ready to sell the store and move on, but Keung is determined to show the toughs that he's not about to be pushed around. Things get even more sticky when the hoods are on the trail of a lost cache of stolen jewels.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Action
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/23/1996
- DVD Release Date: 06/28/1997
- Director(s): Stanley Tong
- Starring: Jackie Chan , Anita Mui , Bill Tung , Françoise Yip , Marc Akerstream
- Themes: Fish Out of Water,Heroic Mission,Righting the Wronged
- Tone: Light,Upbeat,Humorous,Silly,Bright,Quirky,Stylized
- Keywords: bad-guy,biker,good-guy,jewel-robbery,martial-arts,opal,police,protection,wedding
- Language: English