Plot & Details
In this low-budget actioner, Conrad Nichols is Rush, a superhero, a kind of jungle Rambo, determined to free the slave laborers who work for a villainous ruler (Gordon Mitchell) in a combination oil refinery and greenhouse. The difficulty he faces is that the laborers are afraid to return to the outside world -- a nuclear holocaust happened just 10 years earlier, and they worry about radiation sickness. It does not matter, apparently, that the oil refinery and greenhouse are already in the open air. Rush explains that everything is green again and radiation-free (an interesting concept), but between their doubts and the ruler's minions out to get him, life is not easy. Budget restrictions kept special effects and costuming to a minimum, making the choices for a "futuristic" look somewhat strange (the workers wear plastic over regular clothes, Rush wears body gloss), but most fans of this genre are willing to overlook these typical drawbacks.
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 83min.
- Distributor(s): Cinema Shares International Distribution Corporation
- Director(s): Tonino Ricci
- Starring: Conrad Nichols , Gordon Mitchell , Laura Trotter , Rita Furlan , Bridgit Pelz
- Themes: Future Barbarians
- Keywords: Superhero, corruption, killing, nuclear-holocaust, post-Holocaust, robbery, post-nuclear-holocaust, slavery
- Country of Origin: Italy (10-28-1983)