Plot & Details
But when he witnesses a frightened twelve-year-old Chinese girl, Mei, being pursued by the same gangsters who killed his wife, Luke impulsively jumps to action...and straight into the heart of a deadly high-stakes war. Mei, he discovers, is no ordinary girl, but an orphaned math prodigy forced to work for the Triads as a "counter." He discovers she holds in her memory a priceless numerical code that the Triads, the Russian mob and a corrupt faction of the NYPD will kill for.
Realizing he's the only person Mei can trust, Luke tears a swath through the city's brutal underworld to save an innocent girl's life...and perhaps even redeem his own.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 94min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/27/2012
- DVD Release Date: 09/04/2012
- Distributor(s): Lionsgate
- Director(s): Boaz Yakin
- Starring: Jason Statham , Chris Sarandon , Catherine Chan , Robert John Burke , Reggie Lee
- Themes: Child Prodigies,Redemption,Out For Revenge,Vigilantes,Police Corruption,Death of a Partner,Triad,Protecting the Innocent
- Tone: Forceful,Rousing,Tense,Frantic,Slick
- Keywords: death-wish, extortion, fighter, gangster, kidnapping, prodigy
- Country of Origin: USA (04-27-2012)
- Language: English