Plot & Details
Tyler Briggs (Michael Vartan) returns home for his mother's funeral only to encounter the redneck side of the family -- his estranged father Gus (Marshall Bell), his two drug-addled, burned-out half-brothers, and their shady friend Teddy (Denis Leary). Sniffing money, Gus wants to reestablish contact with his son, whom he abandoned with his mother 20 years previous, but Tyler wants nothing to do with him or the useless brothers. Tyler settles into a small coastal California town, where he meets the lovely Sandy (Kari Wuhrer) and her brother Jack (Norman Reedus). But Gus and the gang turn up, and Sandy becomes the victim of an attempted rape by Tyler's dimwitted scuzzbucket brothers. That doesn't sit well with Jack and his friends, and soon it's the townies against the career criminals, who happen to be better armed.
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 89min.
- DVD Release Date: 01/01/2002
- Director(s): Matt Palmieri
- Starring: Michael Vartan , Denis Leary , Harry Dean Stanton
- Themes: Haunted By the Past,Starting Over,Families in Crisis
- Tone: Disturbing,Menacing,Tense
- Keywords: brother,dysfunctional,family-history,family-strife,funeral,reunion,sexual-assault
- Language: English