Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) is back, and this time he's concocted his deadliest set of traps yet in this gore-soaked sequel written by James Wan and Leigh Whannell, and directed by Saw II's Darren Lynn Bousman. Picking up directly where its predecessor left off, Saw III finds Jigsaw near death and fighting to stay alive for one final game. Determined to show his protégé, Amanda (Shawnee Smith), what it truly means to carry out his deadly game, the ailing Jigsaw instructs his apprentice to kidnap unsuspecting doctor Lynn Denlon (Bahar Soomekh) in order to ensure that he survives long enough to see how his latest victim Jeff (Angus MacFadyen) fares when faced with the prospect of imminent death. As Lynn and Jeff both struggle to beat the clock and carry out their tasks before Jigsaw draws his final breath, a much larger plan begins to emerge that shows just how cunning the legendary killer can truly be.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 108min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/27/2006
- DVD Release Date: 01/23/2007
- Distributor(s): Lionsgate
Darren Lynn Bousman
- Themes: Haunted By the Past,Doctors and Patients,Trapped or Confined,Serial Killers,Mind Games
- Tone: Deliberate,Disturbing,Menacing,Ominous,Slick,Gruesome
brain-surgery, cancer, game, mentor, moral-conflict
- Country of Origin: USA (10-27-2006)
- Language: English