Plot & Details
This violent crime drama has its dramatic roots in old spaghetti westerns. It is set in a small southwestern town on the US-Mexican border. The ordeal begins as a lone Frenchman hitchhikes. He is boorish, misogynistic actor Denis Brabant who was dumped there by his lover after he informed her of his wife's pregnancy. Meanwhile, all-around good guy Zac Cross is on a phone trying to convince his lover, Beth, to return to him. Denis asks for a ride. Zac, who is low on cash decides to take him in provided he pay his way. They load up Zac's convertible and set off. Soon they end up entangled with Astor, a drug dealer, and the non English-speaking Mexican girl Nadia, who hit the travelers up for a ride across the border. Along the way, they encounter a variety of self-serving characters.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/03/2002
- DVD Release Date: 12/06/2005
- Director(s): Brian Cox
- Starring: Alfred Molina , Patrick McGaw , Esai Morales , Angel Aviles , Rubén Blades
- Themes: Drug Trade
- Tone: Gritty,Tense
- Keywords: actor, drug-dealer, pregnancy, danger, hitchhiker, misogyny, on-the-road
- Language: English