Plot & Details
Documentary filmmaker Barak Goodman explores the famed Scottsboro case of 1931. That year, nine black males, aged 13 to 19, were tried, convicted, and almost executed for raping two white women of dubious reliability. The case soon became an international cause célèbre and proved to be a catalyst for the Civil Rights movement of the 1950s.
- Genre(s): Documentary,Epic and Historical,Special Interest
- Run Time: 90min.
- DVD Release Date: 01/31/2005
- Director(s): Barak Goodman, Daniel Anker
- Starring: Andre Braugher , Jeffrey DeMunn , Frances McDormand , Stanley Tucci
- Themes: Miscarriage of Justice,Race Relations
- Tone: Disturbing,Earnest,Matter-of-Fact,Poignant
- Keywords: false-accusation, injustice, racial-tension, racism, rape
- Language: English