Plot & Details
A Parisian flower girl is trotted out as the missing Grand Duchess Anastasia in this fast-moving thriller based on a popular newspaper serial, Secrets of the French Sureté. Discovered by evil White Russian Count Moloff (Gregory Ratoff), Eugénie Dorain (Gwili Andre) is hypnotized into believing that she is Anastasia, the daughter of the slain Russian czar. Léon Renault, the girl's fiancé, aligns himself with Francis St. Cyr (Frank Morgan) and the famous Sureté Français detective Bertillon (Murray Kinnell), but is too late to save Réna (Kendall Lee), Moloff's mistress, who is embalmed alive in cement. A Russian Grand Duke (Arnold Korff), who doubted Eugénie's veracity, is summarily killed when his limousine is forced off the road, and, having outlived her usefulness, Eugénie is about to suffer the same fate as Réna when St. Cyr and the police arrive like the proverbial cavalry. The evil Moloff is electrocuted by one of his own fiendish devices and Eugénie and Léon are finally free to plan a future together.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 59min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/31/1995
- Distributor(s): RKO Radio Pictures
- Director(s): Edward Sutherland
- Starring: Gwili Andre , Frank Morgan , Gregory Ratoff , Murray Kinnell , John Warburton
- Keywords: criminal, police, strange, France, Russia, corpse, detective, evil, hypnosis, investigation, investigator, killing, mind-control, murder, princess