Plot & Details
Director Christopher Cain takes an up-close look at the devastation wrought by religious fanaticism with this romantic drama set against the backdrop of the 1857 Mountain Meadows Massacre. As a wagon train of westward-bound settlers makes its way across southern Utah, a confrontation with a congregation of Mormons soon leads to deadly consequences for all involved. Jon Voight, Lolita Davidovich, and Jon Gries co-star in a historical drama centered on the massacre, which continues to stir controversy over a century and a half after the fact. Terence Stamp and Dean Cain contribute small roles as Brigham Young and Joseph Smith, respectively -- who were not directly involved with the massacre but are pictured in flashbacks.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Romance,Westerns
- Run Time: 110min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/24/2007
- DVD Release Date: 01/01/2008
- Distributor(s): Slowhand
- Director(s): Christopher Cain
- Starring: Jon Voight , Trent Ford , Tamara Hope , Jon Gries , Taylor Handley
- Themes: Religious Zealotry,Taming the West
- Tone: Bittersweet,Confrontational,Reflective,Tense,Forceful,Grim
- Keywords: Mormon, bishop, massacre, pioneer, wagon-train, westward-expansion
- Country of Origin: USA (08-24-2007)
- Language: English