Plot & Details
Vittorio De Sica directs the 1967 episodic sex comedy Sette Volte Donna (Woman Times Seven), consisting of seven short stories each starring Shirley MacLaine. In "Funeral Possession," she plays opposite Peter Sellers as a widow at her husband's funeral. In "Amateur Night," she's a wife who's driven to prostitiution to get revenge on her adulterous husband (Rossano Brazzi). In "Two Against One," she plays an interpreter who gets naked and reads T.S. Eliot to an Italian (Vittorio Gassman) and a Scot (Clinton Greyn). In "The Super Simone," she's a houswife who acts insane to get the attention of her author husband (Lex Barker). In "At the Opera," she's a rich woman determined to get a specific dress. In "The Suicides," she forges a suicide pact with lover Alan Arkin. In "Snow," Michael Caine is hired to spy on her.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 99min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/16/2008
- Distributor(s): Embassy Pictures
- Director(s): Vittorio De Sica
- Starring: Shirley MacLaine , Peter Sellers , Elspeth March , Rossano Brazzi
- Tone: Humorous,Sentimental
- Keywords: book, extramarital-affair, hearse, interpreter, jealousy, opera, prostitute/prostitution, romance, suicide, widow/widower, bathroom, cemetery, love, psychiatry