Plot & Details
This modest teen comedy has the usual themes revolving around sex: how to handle it, how to relate to it, and how to do just about everything except engage in it. The focus is on two teenagers, one is the serious Natalie (Jennifer Connelly). She has her eyes set on becoming President of the U.S. and one day heads off to Washington D.C. on a special visit for "Future Leaders." A certain presidential aide brings a romantic touch to her idealized vision. The other teen is Polly Franklin (Maddie Corman) whose infatuation with a baseball player takes her to New York -- where a photographer steps in as a pinch-hitter. A few other subplots move circumstances around in the two teens' lives, though their romantic exploits take center stage.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/09/1986
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): Linda Feferman
- Starring: Jennifer Connelly , Maddie Corman , Byron Thames , Alan Boyce , Polly Draper
- Themes: When the Parents Are Away,First Love,Coping With Puberty [k],High School Life
- Tone: Affectionate,Easygoing,Humorous,Light
- Keywords: gossip, infatuation, parent, romance, coming-of-age, friendship, love-triangle, teenagers
- Country of Origin: USA (05-09-1986)