Plot & Details
A struggling Los Angeles actor who has never fully grasped his Chinese roots takes an eye-opening journey to Shanghai after inheriting his grandmother's home in this romantic comedy starring X-Men: The Last Stand's Ken Leung and Heroes's cheerleader Hayden Panettiere. Liam (Leung) is an aspiring Hollywood star who spends the majority of time picking up bar girls with his best friend Joe -- a starving writer who has yet to pen a proper screenplay. While Liam does share an innocent relationship with precocious 16-year-old Adelaide (Panettiere), she often comes off as more mature than he and the age difference between the pair is far too glaring to ignore. Upon receiving notice that he has inherited his grandmother's home in Shanghai, Liam throws caution to the wind and purchases an airplane ticket. Shortly after landing in China, Liam becomes smitten with beautiful local Micky (Kelly Hu) and gradually learns to embrace his Eastern roots. But it's difficult to exist comfortably between two cultures -- much less two women -- and before long Liam finds that in connecting with the past, he is simultaneously laying the groundwork for his future.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/05/2007
- DVD Release Date: 10/09/2007
- Director(s): David Ren, Kern Konwiser
- Starring: Hayden Panettiere , Ken Leung , Kelly Hu , Byron Mann , James Hong
- Themes: Culture Clash,Love Triangles,Journey of Self-Discovery
- Keywords: China,actor,inheritance,pick-up-artist,screenwriter
- Language: English