Plot & Details
As a shoestring-budget clone of the A-list animated features Finding Nemo and A Shark Tale, the U.S.-Korean co-production The Reef constitutes yet another CG-animated picture about the 'little fish that could.' The piscine in question is the cleverly-named Pi (voice of Freddie Prinze, Jr.), orphaned when his parents are caught by a net off of Boston harbor. Adopted by a family of porpoises, Pi later swims a great distance to a tropical reef to live with his Aunt Pearl (voice of Fran Drescher), a psychic fish. He also falls in love with the supermodel fish Cordelia (voice of Evan Rachel Wood), who is promptly kidnapped by the brutish shark Troy (Donal Logue). She agrees to wed the shark if he resists the urge to kill Pi. We won't be spoiling the fun or ruining any surprises to reveal that Pi soon hatches an elaborate rescue plan. Andy Dick, Rob Schneider and John Rhys-Davies provide additional voices.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Family
- Run Time: 77min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/07/2007
- DVD Release Date: 10/09/2007
- Director(s): Howard E. Baker, John Fox
- Starring: Freddie Prinze, Jr. , Evan Rachel Wood , Fran Drescher , Donal Logue , Rob Schneider
- Keywords: fish [animal], kidnapping, rescue, shark
- Language: English