Plot & Details
Clive Owen stars in this gritty, over the top action thriller as Mr. Smith, a gun-toting badass with a hair trigger and an unknown past. He's far from a doctor and farther from a parent, but when he unwittingly discovers an innocent woman delivering a baby right in the middle of a gunfight, Smith enters the fray to save her and though the woman expires, he is the one left in care of the orphaned child. He thinks that the killers were after the woman, but soon he realizes that they had a far more unlikely target: the baby. Smith's regular company is a seedy underworld full of unsavory characters, so he takes the child to the closest thing he knows to a mother: a sultry prostitute played by Monica Bellucci, who specializes in clientele with a mommy fetish. Teamed with his hot but unlikely partner, Smith unloads barrel after barrel to protect the mysterious baby from Mr. Hertz, a ruthless criminal mastermind played by Paul Giamatti. Smith plans to figure out why Hertz and his thugs are after the baby, but if he can't uncover the truth, he'll settle for leaving them all dead in the process.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Crime and Mystery,Drama
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/07/2007
- DVD Release Date: 01/01/2008
- Distributor(s): New Line
- Director(s): Michael Davis
- Starring: Clive Owen , Paul Giamatti , Monica Bellucci , Stephen McHattie , Greg Bryk
- Themes: Femmes Fatales,Prostitutes,Hired Killers,Protecting the Innocent
- Tone: Forceful,Gritty,Rousing,Slick,Stylized,Tense
- Keywords: baby,gunfighter,hitman,loner,prostitute/prostitution,protection
- Country of Origin: USA (09-07-2007)
- Language: English