Plot & Details
Australian aborigine David Kennedy marries white woman Susan Leith and settles down in Sydney. Susan's father, a wealthy businessman, ends up in prison over a botched deal. Without his father-in-law's influence to help him, Kennedy has trouble looking after his family and dealing with big-city life. He returns to his own people, leaving his wife to raise their son by himself. Seven years later Kennedy returns to Sydney, hoping for a reunion with his 12-year-old son. But first he must run the gauntlet of legal obstacles set up by the justifiably embittered Leith. Short Changed was scripted by Robert J. Merritt, himself an aborigine.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 104min.
- Distributor(s): Greater Union Film Distributors
- Director(s): George Ogilvie
- Starring: David Kennedy , Susan Leith , Jamie Agius , Ray Meagher , Mark Anthony Little
- Themes: Fish Out of Water,Interracial/Cross-Cultural Romance,Crumbling Marriages
- Tone: Harsh,Lyrical,Poignant,Sweeping
- Keywords: Aborigine,cross-cultural-relations,family-abandonment,prison,reunion
- Language: English