Plot & Details
Side Effects, a semi-autobiographical comedy by neophyte writer-director Kathleen Slattery-Moschkau, stars Katherine Heigl (My Father the Hero, The Ringer) as Karly Hert, an employee for a major pharmaceutical house, who deeply values her position at the firm but gently questions company ethics. She meets and falls for Zach (Lucian McAfee who works for a week as a sales rep for Karly's firm before he becomes totally disgusted with shaky corporate mores and books it to head out into the country and build his own house. Karly is ready to follow him, until the money starts rolling in. Soon, Karly and Zach run into a head-to-head conflict of values, and Karly is forced to choose between the company and her new beau. Side Effects co-stars Dorian de Michele and Dave Durbin.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/09/2005
- DVD Release Date: 05/16/2006
- Director(s): Kathleen Slattery-Moschkau
- Starring: Katherine Heigl , Lucian McAfee , Dorian DeMichele , Dave Durbin , Temecka Harris
- Themes: Office Politics,Crisis of Conscience
- Tone: Satirical,Witty,Wry
- Keywords: boyfriend,conflict-of-interest,drugs,pharmaceutical-industry,salesperson,work-ethic
- Language: English