Plot & Details
Developed by Tina Sinatra and approved by Frank himself, Sinatra is a made-for-television mini-series following the life and times of Frank Sinatra, one of the most popular and acclaimed singers of the 20th century. Opening with his childhood in Hoboken, New Jersey, the film follows Sinatra's (Philip Casnoff) rise to the top in the '40s, through the dark days of the early '50s and his triumphant re-emergence in the mid-'50s, to his status as pop culture icon in the '60s, '70s and '80s. In between, the film hits all of the main events, including his three marriages, his connections with the Mafia and his notorious friendship with the Rat Pack. Even with the presence of Tina Sinatra as executive producer, Sinatra doesn't gloss over the more unsavory portions of Frank's life, which makes it all the more impressive. With the exception of a couple of early songs, all the music in the movie is taken from the original Sinatra recordings.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 245min.
- DVD Release Date: 05/13/2008
- Director(s): James Steven Sadwith
- Starring: Philip Casnoff , Olympia Dukakis , Joe Santos , Gina Gershon , Marcia Gay Harden
- Themes: Ladder to the Top,Rags To Riches,Musician's Life
- Tone: Earnest,Nostalgic,Reflective
- Keywords: President, actor, friendship, gangster, marriage, party, songwriter, idol, stars [celebrities], teenagers
- Language: English