Plot & Details
Skepp Till India-Land (aka Ship to India and Land of Desire) is generally ignored by devotees of director Ingmar Bergman -- not to mention Bergman himself, who seldom mentioned the film in later interviews. To be sure, this story of four disparate souls whose lives are bound up in the fate of an old salvage boat is hardly in the league of The Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries. Even so, the film contains the seeds of the great Bergman films to come, especially when dealing with the inner turmoil experienced by the four protagonists. Singled out for praise by the critics was Holger Lowenalder's performance as the taciturn ship's captain. The script was adapted by Bergman from a play by Martin Soederhjelm.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 98min.
- Distributor(s): Nordisk Tonefilm
- Director(s): Ingmar Bergman
- Starring: Holger Löwenadler , Anna Lindahl , Birger Malmsten , Gertrud Fridh , Lasse Krantz
- Themes: Love Triangles
- Tone: Disturbing,Downbeat
- Keywords: captain [military], deformity, father, love, love-triangle, son, unrequited