Plot & Details
So Long at the Fair is based on a true story -- or at least, a story that has been told and retold so often that it is now accepted as truth. The year is 1889: the setting, the Paris Exhibition. Among the thousands in attendance are Vicky Barton (Jean Simmons) and her brother Johnny (David Tomlinson). After the first night of the Exhibition, Vicky is exhilarated, while Johnny seems a bit under the weather. The next morning, Vicky knocks on Johnny's hotel door, only to discover that her brother has disappeared. When she goes to the police and, later, to the British consul, the authorities refuse to believe her story. In fact, there is no evidence that Johnny ever existed! The outcome of this story is rather well known; still, it is perhaps best not to reveal any further details.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/24/2001
- Director(s): Anthony Darnborough, Terence Fisher
- Starring: Jean Simmons , Dirk Bogarde , David Tomlinson , Honor Blackman , Marcel Poncin
- Keywords: Britain, artist, city, evidence, grief, hospital, international, isolation, manager, medical, police, trip, truth, brother, cover-up, disease, exhibit, family-member, investigator, missing, missing-person