Plot & Details
In this documentary, filmmakers Odette Springer (former music supervisor for Concorde-New Horizons) and Joanna Demetrakas take a look at the exploitative world of grindhouse gore, and trashy slasher films. Trained in classical music, Springer turns self-analytical in this movie memoir, asking herself, "How did I go from Beethoven to 'B' movies?," examining her own S&M leanings and possible abuse when she was a child. Clips include Attack of the 60 Foot Centerfold, and Angel of Destruction. Interviews include Roger Corman, American International's Samuel Z. Arkoff, Edward Albert Jr., director Jim Wynorski, Julie Strain, Maria Ford (Stripped to Kill II), and Catherine Cyran (Slumber Party Massacre 3). Made in 16mm and video, the 82-minute film was shown at the 1998 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 82min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/16/1998
- Distributor(s): 7th Art
- Director(s): Odette Springer, Johanna Demetrakas
- Starring: Maria Ford , Julie Strain , Jim Wynorski , Odette Springer
- Themes: Filmmaking
- Tone: Intimate,Racy,Reflective,Talky,Wry
- Keywords: B-movies, behind-the-scenes, eroticism, exploitation, film-clips, film-industry, horror-films, memoir, nudity, sexual-abuse, sexual-deviation
- Language: English