Plot & Details
Someone to Watch Over Me, a mystery thriller directed by Ridley Scott is the story of a police officer who falls in love with the woman he is hired to protect and the effect of this affair on his marriage and his life. Claire (Mimi Rogers) an extremely wealthy socialite is the sole witness to a mob murder and is in great danger. Mike (Tom Berenger), a happily married NYC police officer is assigned to protect her and takes up residence in her foyer while she waits to testify. A romance develops between the unlikely couple which threatens Mike's marriage to Ellie (Lorraine Bracco). All of this sounds more exciting than it is, and while the film fails to generate much suspense, the love story and Mike's dilemma are interesting. All the performances are excellent, particularly that of Bracco as the no-nonsense wife. The score is exceptional and the photography and set decoration are all fine. Someone to Watch Over Me is a fine police thriller and love story.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 107min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/09/1987
- DVD Release Date: 10/19/1999
- Distributor(s): Columbia Pictures
- Director(s): Ridley Scott
- Starring: Tom Berenger , Mimi Rogers , Lorraine Bracco , Jerry Orbach , John Rubinstein
- Themes: Opposites Attract,Class Differences,Infidelity,Bodyguards,Protecting the Innocent,Witness Protection
- Tone: Bittersweet,Atmospheric,Downbeat,Gloomy,Gritty,Melancholy,Somber
- Keywords: love-triangle, marriage, police, protection, romance, witness, extramarital-affair, urban-problems, woman
- Country of Origin: USA (10-09-1987)
- Language: English