Plot & Details
George Taylor (John Hodiak) is a war veteran suffering from amnesia with only two clues to his past: the bitter letter from a woman who hates him and another mysterious letter signed "Larry Cravat." Taylor goes to Los Angeles to meet Cravat. It turns out that Cravat is wanted for murder and the robbery of $2 million. George becomes involved with a singer, Christy (Nancy Guild) and is chased by mobsters while on a search for the stolen money. There ensue a series of chases, an interesting plot twist and a surprise ending as John learns the true identity of Cravat.Somewhere in the Night is the quintessential "amnesia victim" as protagonist film, somewhat slow, but nevertheless, engrossing and suspenseful.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 108min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/30/2003
- DVD Release Date: 09/06/2005
- Distributor(s): 20th
- Director(s): Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Starring: Charles Arnt , Richard Benedict , Whit Bissell , Richard Conte , Clancy Cooper
- Themes: Haunted By the Past,Home From the War,Amnesia
- Tone: Disturbing,Enigmatic,Moody,Paranoid,Tense
- Keywords: Marines, apartment, briefcase, career, clue, confusion, doctor/nurse, escape, evidence, girl, help, hidden, hide-out, investigation, letter, life, loot, lure [tempt], military, nightclub, owner
- Language: English