'Soul Surfer' is the inspiring true story of teen surfer Bethany Hamilton, who lost her arm in a shark attack and courageously overcame all odds to become a champion again, through her sheer determination and unwavering faith. The film features an all-star cast, including AnnaSophia Robb and Helen Hunt, with Carrie Underwood in her film debut, and Dennis Quaid. In the wake of this life-changing event that took her arm and nearly her life, Bethany's feisty determination and steadfast beliefs spur her toward an adventurous comeback that gives her the grit to turn her loss into a gift for others.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama,Family,Sports
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/08/2011
- DVD Release Date: 08/02/2011
- Distributor(s): FilmDistrict, TriStar Pictures
- Themes: When Animals Attack,Surfing,Living With Disability
- Tone: Rousing,Visceral,Bittersweet,Earnest,Poignant
comeback, shark, surfing
- Country of Origin: USA (04-08-2011)
- Language: English