Plot & Details
From Spanish director Fernando Colomo comes this adaptation of Gerald Brenan's comedic autobiographical book Al sur de Granada. Matthew Goode stars as Brenan, a young Englishman of affluent and noble stock. Motivated by idealism and with a desire to become a great writer, Gerald moves to a small Spanish town to get away from the trappings of his upbringing. There, he befriends Paco, a local man played by Guillermo Toledo, who helps introduce Gerald to the town. Eventually, the beautiful Juliana (Verónica Sánchez) catches Gerald's eye, and he immediately falls for her. From there, it's up to Paco to familiarize Gerald with the local customs so that he can win the heart of Juliana. Consuelo Trujillo and Ángela Molina also star.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 111min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/02/2003
- DVD Release Date: 02/14/2006
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Fernando Colomo
- Starring: Matthew Goode , Verónica Sánchez , Guillermo Toledo , Antonio Resines , Ángela Molina
- Keywords: autobiography, romance, small-town, writer
- Language: Spanish