Plot & Details
Swiss filmmaker Jean-François Amiguet directs the road movie Au Sud des Nuages (South of the Clouds). Aging farmer Adrien (Bernard Verley) is a quiet man from a mountain village in the Swiss Alps. He convinces his friends to accompany him on a train ride to Beijing by way of the Trans-Siberian Express. At the last minute, they are joined by the talkative Roger (François Morel). Going through Berlin, Moscow, and Mongolia, Adrien's companions drop out until he is left with his polar opposite, Roger. In Ulanbaatar, Roger takes off with a Mongolian woman (Ariunzaya Tsogoo) leaving Adrien to continue his journey alone. South of the Clouds was nominated for the Golden Leopard at the 2003 Locarno Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 77min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/20/2005
- Distributor(s): Monopole Pathe
- Director(s): Jean-François Amiguet
- Starring: Bernard Verley , François Morel , Maurice Aufair , Jean-Luc Borgeat , Zoe
- Themes: Journey of Self-Discovery,Train Rides
- Tone: Bittersweet,Compassionate,Gentle,Heartwarming,Stirring
- Keywords: Alps, Swiss [nationality], cattlemen, mountainman, train [locomotive], transcontinental
- Language: English,French,Mandarin,Mongolian,Russian