Plot & Details
An unremarkable parking-enforcement officer living a low-key existence of solitary lunches in the park, lonely dinners at home, and superhero comics that at least afford him the quiet release of fantasy enrolls into a clinical trial for antidepressant pills, only to find that it has some decidedly unexpected side effects, in directors Hal Haberman and Jeremy Passmore's quirky comic-book superhero comedy. Les Franken (Michael Rappaport) leads an unassuming life that rarely deviates from a strict regiment of working, eating, sleeping, and comic book reading. His only two friends are a pair of stoners who own a local comic shop, so Les determines to shake things up a bit by volunteering as a test subject for an experimental drug designed to curb depression. When the drug appears to give Les special powers, the doctor in charge of the clinical controlled test insists that Les is simply experiencing an unanticipated psychological reaction to the medication. But Les is convinced that his powers are genuine, and as he ditches his work uniform in favor of more superhero-appropriate threads, he is about to find out once and for all whether he truly is able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, or his depression, combined with the strange side-effects of the drug, has somehow propelled his superhero fantasies to the forefront of his damaged psyche.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 82min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/21/2008
- DVD Release Date: 03/31/2009
- Distributor(s): Magnet Releasing
- Director(s): Jeremy Passmore, Hal Haberman
- Starring: Michael Rapaport , Paul Blackthorne , Josh Peck , Robert Baker , Jack Kehler
- Themes: Experiments Gone Awry,Unlikely Heroes
- Tone: Quirky
- Keywords: Superhero,depression,experiment
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-21-2008)
- Language: English