Plot & Details
Sarah Jessica Parker produces and stars in stage director Mark Brokaw's adaptation the Rebecca Gilman play concerning a newly hired dean of students at an elite New England college who finds her life consumed by chaos following a vicious series of hate crimes. Sarah Daniels (Parker) was just settling into her new position when she was placed in charge of the investigation into a series of racially motivated campus crimes. Having previously worked at an inner-city school, Sarah makes the decision to get the police involved when Dean Catherine Kenney (Miranda Richardson) and President Winston Garvey (James Rebhorn) -- both more concerned with maintaining the institution's untarnished image than actually capturing the culprit -- begin to question her authority at every turn. Later, when investigative reporter Aaron Carmichael (Mykel Williamson) arrives on campus after receiving an anonymous telephone call, Sarah is saddled with the responsibility of escorting the journalist in order to squelch any potentially negative press. When a "Forum on Race" conducted by Professor Burton Strauss (Beau Bridges) against Sarah's recommendation turns into an all-out riot, the emerging truth about the crimes forces the emotionally shattered dean of students to confront her own long-dormant prejudices.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/27/2009
- DVD Release Date: 06/09/2009
- Distributor(s): Screen Media Films
- Director(s): Mark Brokaw
- Starring: Sarah Jessica Parker , Mykelti Williamson , Beau Bridges , Miranda Richardson , James Rebhorn
- Themes: Fighting the System,College Life,Race Relations,Members of the Press
- Tone: Confrontational,Forceful,Tense
- Keywords: campus, college, hate-crime, investigation
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-20-2009)
- Language: English