Plot & Details
'Spinning Plates' is a documentary about three extraordinary restaurants and the incredible people who make them what they are. A cutting-edge restaurant named the seventh-best in the world whose chef must battle a life-threatening obstacle to pursue his passion. A 150-year-old family restaurant still standing only because of the unbreakable bond with its community. A fledgling Mexican restaurant whose owners are risking everything just to survive and provide for their young daughter. Their unforgettable stories of family, legacy, passion and survival come together to reveal how meaningful food can be, and the power it has to connect us to one another.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/25/2013
- DVD Release Date: 02/11/2014
- Distributor(s): Inception Media Group, The Film Arcade
- Director(s): Joseph Levy
- Starring: Grant Achatz , Thomas Keller , Dave Beran , Nick Kokonas , Annie Breitbach
- Tone: Earnest,Poignant
- Keywords: cancer, chef, family, restaurant
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-25-2013)
- Language: English