Plot & Details
'Splinters,' praised by ESPN for "reviving the surf film genre," combines great on-wave action with high drama. Restricted by gender, culture and limited jobs, a unique group of athletes contests for a national championship as a ticket off the paradise of Papua New Guinea. A standout on the festival circuit since its Tribeca premiere, Filmmaker Magazine has called 'Splinters' "engrossing and endlessly surprising."
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest,Sports
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/03/2012
- DVD Release Date: 09/25/2012
- Distributor(s): SnagFilms
- Director(s): Adam Pesce
- Themes: Surfing
- Tone: Understated,Inspiring
- Keywords: Australia, native, poverty, surfing
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-03-2012)
- Language: English