Plot & Details
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is fondly regarded as being the closest in spirit to the 1966-69 TV series that spawned it. Admiral Kirk (William Shatner) escapes the tedium of a desk job to join Mr. Spock (Leonard Nimoy) and Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy (DeForest Kelley) on another space mission. While boldly going where no man etc. etc., Kirk crosses the path of his old enemy Khan (Ricardo Montalban), who as any die-hard Trekker can tell you, was the chief antagonist in the 1966 Trek TV episode "Space Seed." Leading a crew of near-savage space prisoners, Khan insinuates himself into the Genesis Project, which is designed to introduce living organisms on long-dead planets. Intending to harness this program for his own despotic purposes, Khan engages in battle with the Enterprise crew.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action,Crime and Mystery,Science Fiction
- Run Time: 113min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/04/1982
- DVD Release Date: 07/11/2000
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Nicholas Meyer
- Starring: William Shatner , Leonard Nimoy , DeForest Kelley , James Doohan , Ricardo Montalban
- Themes: Criminal's Revenge
- Tone: Menacing,Rousing,Tense,Stirring
- Keywords: battle [war], Admiral, outer-space, revenge, space-exploration, spacecraft
- Language: English