Plot & Details
Hip-hop mogul Damon Dash wrote, directed, and stars in this hard-hitting examination of life in the criminal underground of a great city. Three different crime bosses are locked in a battle over the drug trade in Philadelphia. New York transplant Dame (Damon Dash) and his umbrella crew command a powerful network that controls the city's dope traffic, but he has two bitter rivals who both oversee competing gangs from behind bars -- Beans (Beanie Siegel), Philly-born leader of the once-dominant ABM Crime Syndicate, and Loco (Noreaga), a slick street hustler from Miami who has the bankroll to finance a powerful operation. As these three men and their underlings scramble for money and power, another player is quietly consolidating his forces and rising up against them. State Property 2: Philly Streets also features supporting performances from Mariah Carey, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Cam'ron, and a handful of other hip-hop and R&B stars.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Crime and Mystery,Musicals
- Run Time: 94min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/13/2005
- DVD Release Date: 07/12/2005
- Distributor(s): Lions Gate Films
- Director(s): Damon Dash
- Starring: Beanie Sigel , Victor 'Noreaga' Santiago , Damon Dash , Michael Bentt , Omillio Sparks
- Themes: Street Gangs,Inner City Blues,Drug Trade
- Tone: Bleak,Forceful,Gritty,Menacing,Tense
- Keywords: crime-lord,drug-ring,drug-trade,hustler,power,prison,rival
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-13-2005)
- Language: English