Plot & Details
Director Jon M. Chu takes the helm for this Step Up sequel set at the Maryland School for the Arts and following the journey of a rebellious street dancer who struggles to fit in at the prestigious school. Andie (Briana Evigan) may show great promise as a dancer, but she just can't seem to let go of her old life and get a fresh start. With Baltimore's hottest underground dance contest looming on the horizon, Andie joins forces with top dancer Chase (Robert Hoffman) while simultaneously helping to sharpen the skills of her outcast classmates. Perhaps if Andie, Chase, and their talented team of misfit dancers can earn the top slot at The Streets, the troubled new arrival can finally make her dreams a reality while also letting go of the past, and bounding confidently forward into the future.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama,Musicals,Romance
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/14/2008
- DVD Release Date: 07/15/2008
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista
- Director(s): Jon M. Chu
- Starring: Briana Evigan , Robert James Hoffman III , Will Kemp , Sonja Sohn , Adam G. Sevani
- Themes: Misfits and Outsiders,Underdogs,Dancer's Life,Contests, Pageants and Competitions
- Tone: Humorous,Rousing,Upbeat
- Keywords: classmate,dance-contest,dance-school,outcast,street-performers,underground [counterculture]
- Country of Origin: USA (02-14-2008)
- Language: English