Plot & Details
Originally titled Stephen King's It, this two-part TV movie first aired on November 18 and 20, 1990. The story starts in Maine, where a small child is lured into the hands of what audiences everywhere can be assured is one mean clown. The 30-year struggle against an evil supernatural force that masquerades as a circus clown named Pennywise (Tim Curry) begins in 1960 and spans until 1990. Featured are a group of six young men and one young woman who call themselves "the lucky seven" and are the unfortunate targets of Pennywise from pre-adolescence into their mid-forties. The lucky seven emerge physically intact but emotionally scathed after their first battle with Pennywise -- who is a self-labeled "eater of worlds...and children." When Pennywise returns 30 years later, the seven are forced to remember their terrifying past and faced with the prospect of destroying him once and for all.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Horror
- Run Time: 193min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/18/1990
- DVD Release Date: 10/01/2002
- Director(s): Tommy Lee Wallace
- Starring: John Ritter , Richard Thomas , Annette O'Toole , Tim Curry , Harry Anderson
- Themes: Haunted By the Past,Race Against Time
- Tone: Creepy,Eerie,Ominous,Tense,Gruesome
- Keywords: child, evil, home, killing, king, news, town, arthritis, clown, demon, fear, friendship, investigation, love, murder, needlework, nightmare, railroad-yard, revenge, sheriff, small-town
- Language: English