Plot & Details
Burt Reynolds directed and starred in this actioner from an Elmore Leonard novel about an ex-con living dangerously close to the drug traffickers in Miami. When Stick (Reynolds) arrives in Miami just out of prison, an old buddy of his is murdered, sending Stick on a wild and complex journey to track down the killers. Along the way, he meets the attractive Kyle (Candice Bergen), has to deal with Chucky (Charles Durning in a blond wig and loud tourist shirts), a mob go-fer, and the albino Moke (Dar Robinson). In order to better zap his enemies, Stick gets a job as chauffeur to rich Palm Beach underworld figure Barry (George Segal) -- and the plot coils and twists from there until the bad guys get their due.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 109min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/27/2013
- Director(s): Burt Reynolds
- Starring: Burt Reynolds , Candice Bergen , George Segal , Charles Durning , Jose Perez
- Themes: Drug Trade,Murder Investigations
- Tone: Forceful,Humorous,Quirky,Tense
- Keywords: assassination, betrayal, deception, double-cross, drugs, ex-convict, infiltration, investigator, killing, revenge, bad-guy, bad-guy-turns-good, gangster, good-guy, investigation, law-enforcement, murder, police