Plot & Details
As a teenager growing up in the mid-'70s, Mark "Gator" Rogowski became a passionate skateboarder. With time, he became quite good on a deck and, by the early '80s, his skills on the vertical ramp, combined with his cocky charm and surfer-dude good looks, helped to make him one of the top professionals on the skating circuit. Between endorsement deals and performance fees, he was earning more than a hundred-thousand dollars per year by the time he was 18. Not surprisingly, Rogowski soon found himself living a fast-lane lifestyle, partying all night, and dating supermodels. But when the popularity of ramp skating fell in favor of street skating, Gator found his career going into a skid. Over several years, he struggled to get his demons under control, trying, with no real success, to reinvent himself and regain his place in the public eye. In 1991, the bottom finally fell out of Rogowski's life: At the age of 24, he found himself behind bars, confessing to rape and murder charges . Stoked: The Rise and Fall of Gator is a documentary which chronicles Rogowski's personal successes and private failures. The film includes interviews with fellow skating legends Tony Hawk, Stacy Peralta, and Jason Jessee.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 81min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/22/2003
- DVD Release Date: 02/17/2004
- Distributor(s): Palm Pictures
- Director(s): Helen Stickler
- Starring: Gator Rogowski , Tony Hawk , Stacy Peralta , Jason Jessee , Steve Olson
- Themes: Rise and Fall Stories
- Tone: Disturbing,Elegiac,Grim,Intimate,Meditative,Somber
- Keywords: celebrity, excess, fall [downfall], murder, prison, rape, skateboarding, sports-star, subculture
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (08-22-2003)
- Language: English