Plot & Details
Their tour bus broken down in the Florida Everglades, an all-girl garage band is confronted with the legend of the dreaded Skunk Ape in director Jay Wade Edwards' kitschy throwback to the AIP shockers of yesteryear. The year is 1966: The Violas are on tour and driving through Florida when their van suddenly grinds to a halt in a small southern beach town. There, the local authorities are investigating the disappearance of two parents whose daughter was recently found wandering a local beach alone in a state of shock. A strange pile of pungent debris has also washed ashore, leading some locals to suspect that the Skunk Ape may somehow be involved in the incident. Now, with every step closer they come to solving the mystery, the local police begin to realize that local urban legends about a formidable beast that lives on the woods may not be so far-fetched after all.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 77min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/09/2009
- DVD Release Date: 06/02/2009
- Director(s): Jay Wade Edwards
- Starring: Claire Bronson , Mary Kraft , Jonathan Michael Green , Cynthia Evans , Travis Young
- Themes: Party Film,Missing Persons,Cliques
- Tone: Campy,Quirky,Rousing
- Keywords: band [music group],beach,beachcomber,disappearance,monster
- Language: English