Plot & Details
The action and stunts in this fourth racing vehicle for Burt Reynolds could be accurately foreseen by most youngsters. Stroker Ace (Reynolds) is a race car driver who gets the short end of a contract with a fried-chicken entrepreneur (Ned Beatty) but can be expected to end up with the woman (Pembrook) in compensation -- and actually did (Pembrook is played by Loni Anderson in her first movie with Reynolds). By this time, the formula of racing cars, wild stunts, blond co-stars (Goldie Hawn, Farrah Fawcett, and Dolly Parton were the most recent) was wearing thin and Reynolds starred in only one more "Cannonball" film, ending his car-chase series there.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 96min.
- DVD Release Date: 10/20/1998
- Director(s): Hal Needham
- Starring: Burt Reynolds , Ned Beatty , Jim Nabors , Loni Anderson , Parker Stevenson
- Themes: Fighting the System,Car Racing
- Tone: Goofy,Humorous,Light,Silly,Upbeat
- Keywords: accident, chase, driver, racer, romance, car, con/scam, on-the-road, racing, sports
- Language: English