Plot & Details
Far From Bismark director Phillip Chidel takes a psychological approach to death and resurrection with a modern update on the Frankenstein legend concerning a doctor who claims to have found the key to immortality and the subject who ventures to his remote cabin for a series of chilling experiments. Deep within the snowbound monoliths of the Rocky Mountains, Dr. Franklin Vick is struggling to perfect the fine art of resurrection. Bringing the dead back to life is a tricky game though, and in order to truly carry out his research Dr. Franklin is going to need an assistant. Despite the highly controversial and blatantly unethical nature of Dr. Franklin's research, troubled medical student Adam Schmidt casts aside his doubts and hastily makes way for the doctor's snowbound laboratory to help take part in the potentially historic discovery. As the pair work feverishly to perfect their resurrection methods, they quickly find out that although death may not be as permanent as medical science presently dictates, it most certainly has some troubling side effects.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/14/2006
- DVD Release Date: 07/18/2006
- Distributor(s): First Look
- Director(s): Philip Chidel
- Starring: Christian Oliver , Dean Stapleton , Courtney Mace , Jürgen Jones , Thomas Buesch
- Themes: Experiments Gone Awry
- Keywords: cabin, death, doctor, immortality, medical-research, medical-school, resurrection, science, snowbound, student
- Language: English