Plot & Details
Bernadette Lafont is as alluring as all get out in Such a Gorgeous Kid Like Me (original title: Une Belle Fille Comme Moi). She plays a crafty murderess who uses her not inconsiderable charms to disarm her victims and trap unwitting males into helping her. Lafont relates her steamy past to an ingenious criminology student, and in the end, he is as "hooked" as any of the other men in the women's life. Based on the novel by Henry Farrell (and more than a little inspired by such Hollywood "black widow" films as The File on Thelma Jordon), Such a Gorgeous Kid Like Me is one of the most consistently enjoyable of Francois Truffault's films of the 1970s.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 100min.
- Director(s): François Truffaut
- Starring: Bernadette Lafont , Charles Denner , Claude Brasseur , Guy Marchand
- Themes: Social Injustice,Out For Revenge
- Tone: Cynical,Humorous,Satirical,Wry
- Keywords: arrest,backstage,book,convict,criminal,death,delinquency,fame,father,husband,killing,lawyer,love,man,mother,mother-in-law,murder,past,poison,power,prison,publicity,revenge,sociology,songwriter,student,torment,victim,visit,weapons,woman,writing
- Language: French