Plot & Details
Director Blake Edwards departed from his customary sex farces to direct an unusual satirical Western comedy-thriller. In 1927, legendary lawman Wyatt Earp (James Garner) comes to Hollywood to serve as an advisor to a film studio making a movie about Earp's life. He meets silent screen cowboy star Tom Mix (Bruce Willis). The two stumble upon a murder that has apparently occurred on the set but is linked to a renowned bordello. The aging cowboy and the young actor set off on a series of time-warp misadventures to try to solve the mystery. Along the way, they encounter the shady Alfie Alperin (Malcom McDowell) and the intriguing Cheryl King (Mariel Hemingway).
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller,Westerns
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/08/1990
- DVD Release Date: 08/25/1998
- Distributor(s): Tri Star Pictures
- Director(s): Blake Edwards
- Starring: Bruce Willis , James Garner , Malcolm McDowell , Mariel Hemingway , Kathleen Quinlan
- Themes: Amateur Sleuths,Filmmaking,Murder Investigations
- Tone: Easygoing,Humorous,Light,Quirky
- Keywords: Hollywood, actor, brothel, film-studio, lawman, murder, prostitute/prostitution
- Country of Origin: USA (04-29-1988)
- Language: English